Monday, 10 October 2011

Work Placement at House of Fraser.


As part of the first year of my course it is required to spend a few weeks in an industry environment, taking on a work experience placement. Whilst spending most of last year looking into, researching and worrying about where i wanted to go, I spoke to my buying and merchandising teacher and she suggested to me that I should spend some time in a company's head office, to get a good over view of everything that goes on, on a day to day bases within the industry. I then spoke to the buyer from the their home brand Therapy who happily agreed to take me on for my placement.

I was so excited to go to House of Fraser for my placement and it really opened my eyes to what buyers actually do. I did many things at HoF while i was there and everyone was so friendly and helpful. I think the thing i enjoyed most was spending a few hours each week going to the 'fit sessions' this is where a model comes in and places the clothes for collaboration on, the buyer, AB and BA all comment on the fit and wether they need altering. This then all goes onto the computer and sent to the suppliers. Below are a few of the clothes from different stories (collections) that i had an input into and gave my opinion on the fit, length, size etc :) these are still available to buy on www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Therapy










No comments:

Post a Comment