Sunday, 2 September 2012

First Week at Rowley



One week down, working in the big apple for the RTW Designer Cynthia Rowley. Only last week was I questioning going back to Uni to complete the entrepreneurship instead of the extended industrial placement. I received an email on the Saturday night informing me that the CR team want me over asap. I booked my fight on the Monday and was out by the Friday, Its all go, go, go in the fashion industry- I didn’t mind though I couldn’t wait to start, and there I was day one in the studio, 9:35 I met Cynthia herself. I was so star struck throughout the day, I mean I loved her work, I had the pleasure to meet her within the first 5minutes and then just couldn’t believe I was there.
My first week was crazy, crazy in a good way, nothing like I expected, nothing like The Devil Wears Prada. Is that crazy? I had moment all throughout the week where I kept reminding myself ‘I’m here, NY, I’m working for a RTW designer preparing for NYFW’ Cynthia is lovely and I worked with her a lot throughout the week, pattern cutting with her and the head pattern cutter and had the chance to view fittings, design meeting etc. Its very hands on, exactly what I wanted. What a CRAZY week with long hours, but what an experience. Oh my gosh, I’m so happy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment