Friday, 14 September 2012

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK SPRING '13

I must start by saying how lucky and grateful I am to have been able to take part in something that is such an important part of the fashion industry. My first ever experience of NYFW, and I can say I enjoyed every minute of it. 

The day started with a positive and exciting atmosphere, enjoying breakfast in the yard with the CR team, followed by a fast paced and busy morning getting the garment ready that have been a mystery for the past 6 months. 

Arriving at the venue in a yellow cab with a macintosh in one hand and a latte in the other, me and the fellow interns (who I have bonded with extremely well since I started) stepped into this beautiful old hotel that hasn't been touched since the 1980s originating from the 1800s located in the financial district. This place as we found out was incredibly large exploring whilst things were being set up and it was incredibly beautiful! Old New York architecture at its best.  

A total clique but i think to myself through out the day am i actually here!? 


The show starts and as one of the first designers to do an installation for NYFW we found it went down really well, as interns we were fairly free to help out backstage and front of house. Over all the day was by far the best experience this year by far. I had an amazing time and felt so lucky to actually be able to be apart of it. 

I am so in love with Rowley's Spring 13 collection, maybe because I knew I helped out but I would love to strut down the street in the green confetti two piece! 


A few of my backstage photos   




















































See the full collection here Spring13 Cynthia Rowley 

No comments:

Post a Comment